Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not what I hoped for, but I'll take it

Ended up walking some of the 5 miler. It seems that Indiana does have some hills in some parts of the state; I was in that part.

The start of the run was a long down hill of about .7 miles, and since it was an out and back, I knew that what went down, would have to come back up. It was roughly a 200 ft climb or about a 5.5% grade. Or you could put it at a-whole-lotta-not-fun grade.

I had some muscle/cramping issues that we walked for (although I didn't realize that we walked for so long the first time and really wonder if I screwed up the timing by not knowing what I'm doing with my watch), and the other two walk breaks were due to my cardio stinking.

But, you see that last 17 minutes? Yeah, all...the...way...up the hill! I didn't stop or walk; of course, bad Brad deserves a lot of the credit for pulling me through with his encouragement!

So, 5 miler in the bucket; it's going to be sooooo much easier on flat ground!

2 comments:

Ro said...

Noticed you are an award giving blog. My my! Don't you just love those hills? Just focus your energy into your legs on those hills. Makes them more doable..

Rusty said...

5 years removed from Alaska has turned me into a flat lander...oh the humanity!!